If your cheques are lost or stolen, they can be replaced or refunded subject to certain terms and conditions. You should immediately call the issuing bank. If you cannot find the issuing bank’s contact details, contact us about traveller’s cheques.
Visa Traveller's Cheques
Visa Traveller's Cheques offer convenience and security while you travel.
Report a lost cheque
Request a refund
Have your info ready
Before a refund can be arranged, the issuer will ask a few simple questions:
- What are the cheque serial numbers?
- Where and when did you buy the cheques?
- How and when do you think the cheques were lost or stolen?
- Who is the issuer of the traveller's cheques?
The refund can usually be arranged within 24 hours, subject to certain terms and conditions being satisfied.
Keep cheques safe
What to know when using Visa Traveller's Cheques.
- Be as careful with your cheques as you would be with cash.
- Do not countersign the cheques until you want to use them.
- Keep your purchase agreement separate from your cheques.
- Write down cheque serial numbers and emergency contact numbers for your destinations and keep them separate from your cheques.
- Notify the police in case of loss/theft.
- Do not use the cheques in any illegal game or prohibited activity.
- Do not accept Visa Traveller's Cheques from a third party, if unknown to you and you have no recourse against that party.
- Do not accept Visa Traveller’s Cheques that have been sent to you unsolicited or from an unknown source via mail or courier. Report their receipt immediately to the police.
- DO NOT CASH Traveller's CHEQUES FOR THIRD PARTIES WHO ARE NOT KNOWN TO YOU.